The Latest with CHLL
Spring Season Updates
As we near closer to the start of our season we want to provide you with some important details about how things will work this spring. In order to receive field permits, we are required to implement and follow strict guidelines established by both the DC Department of Recreation and EventsDC (the operator of the RFK Fields). Please note that the DCPS fields (Payne, Ludlow-Taylor and Eastern) have not been permitted this spring, so we are going into the season without several fields.
Guidelines we must follow for use of fields:
• We are limited to 50 people (including players, coaches and umpires) on or in the immediate vicinity of fields
• Spectators must remain at a safe distance from others
• Face masks must be worn by anyone, including players, coaches and umpires, on or at a field at all times
• We will be required to take temperatures of anyone on or at a field
• We will be required, if asked, to provide a roster of participants for all practices and games as part of contact tracing
What does this mean?
• Only players and CHLL Board approved volunteers will be allowed on or at the fields.
• Without a full compliment of fields, we will likely be unable to offer our normal scheduling.
• With a 50 person limit per field, divisions with set teams we will likely have smaller rosters to ensure coaches and umpires can be present.
• Smaller rosters will result in more teams. Since we don’t have our normal full compliment of fields it is possible that we may have to schedule byes for teams. This means you may have a game off periodically throughout the season.
Our goal is to provide baseball and softball opportunities for all of our players, so we ask everyone to remain flexible throughout the season. As conditions within the city change, it's possible our scheduling and programming will change. In the coming weeks you will receive more details about your division. If you have questions, please contact us and firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we get back out on the field!
Board of Director Monthly Meetings
Monthly board meetings are held the first Monday of each month from 6:30-8:30pm. Board meetings are open and all are welcome. At this time, the board is meeting virtually. Please contact if you are interested in joining.
2 - Expression of interest meeting for summer tournament teams
15 - Tournament teams announced
29/30 - No weekend games
15 - AAA Semifinal games
16 - Majors Semifinal games
18 - AA All-Star Game (Payne, 6:30 pm)
19 - Majors & AAA Baseball Championships
- Majors & AAA All-Star Games, HR Derby (whole league)
- Final games for A, AA, Challenger, and Softball
- Pitch, Hit, & Run Competition (time/location TBD)
Majors & AAA Baseball - Division Age Changes
Players will now be eligible to play in divisions as follows:
▪ League Age 10-12 are eligible for Majors
▪ League Age 8-11 are eligible for AAA
Please review the Baseball Age Change Guidelines. We expect these guidelines will answer all of your questions, so please read them to learn all the necessary information about which division is best for your player.
Return to Play Guidelines
The CHLL Board has developed a set of Return to Play Guidelines, which outlines specific requirements, as well as recommended best practices that will govern all players, volunteers, families & spectators. These guidelines follow guidance from Little League International and information from the CDC and other state & local government health agencies. We also consulted with Little Leagues from across DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland. In addition, one of our current board members works in the field of public health, so we tapped into their expertise.